CASO Storage System Offerings
ProStor InfiniVault integrates information management software, online disk, and RDX removable disk to simplify retention management, while automating disaster protection and compliance. It is being implemented in healthcare, document imaging, financial services, digital video archive, service provider, and government applications.
For companies wanting to dramatically slash the cost of storing and protecting their scanned data, ProStor InfiniVault® is the most cost-effective storage system for the long-term retention of data and images. ProStor InfiniVault integrates information management software, online disk, and RDX® removable disk to simplify retention management, while automating disaster protection and compliance. This integrated solution provides the ease of access and performance of online storage, with the economics of offline storage. The intelligent, secure retention management capabilities of a ProStor InfiniVault provide a low cost and low power alternative to tape optical, or fixed-disk drives in a number of IT solution.
ProStor InfiniVault is delivered as an integrated retention management storage system that attaches to any storage network. For about the price of SATA disk, it includes three tightly integrated components – online disk, removable RDX disks and information management software. The system simplifies the management of data by combining all tiers of storage in one system and manages the retention of the data for any length of time and to any legal or compliance requirement.
ProStor InifiVault offers the most compelling economic value in the following areas:
- Lowest cost storage – tape costs up to 2x more, optical costs up to 4x more, and fixed disk costs up to 40x more
- Infinite capacity – the RDX removable disks are virtualized behind the online disk allowing inactive data to be removed from the system while still appearing online to applications and users. This reduces operating cost and power consumption, while enabling incremental
expansion of storage when it’s needed and at the best price in the market
- Self-protecting – the system can automatically make 1 to 4 copies of data on RDX removable disks and/or replicate to another ProStor InfiniVault, automating disaster protection. The meta-data is maintained online for easy search and retrieval, even when the data is removed from the system and sent offsite
- Multiple vaults – users can partition the online disk file area for multiple departments or projects rather than purchasing separate systems, thereby reducing capital expense
- Backward/Forward compatible – unlike tape or optical storage solutions, you will never need to swap-out a drive to read the data from an RDX disk
- Reduced backup costs by 50% – shorter backup windows, faster time to recovery, lower cost of protecting data, and fewer resources to manage backups are consumed
- Lower power and cooling costs up to 75% – data on spinning disks is a major power user, and within a ProStor InfiniVault the RDX disks spin-down when not being accessed
- Faster response to eDiscovery requests – saves time and money in responding and helps avoid potential penalties
- Improved operational efficiencies – fewer IT resources (people and equipment) are needed because you don’t need to manage multiple tiers; no data to disk, tape or VTL anymore
- Ease of use – because it is addressed as simple NAS storage, installation can be done in 30 minutes or less. Once online, the information management software implements your policies automatically
- Set and forget GUI – once vaults are defined and retention policies are set, the ProStor InfiniVault does the rest
- Data compression – data is compressed where possible 2:1 (on average) to reduce the amount of storage that needs to be purchased
- File level data de-duplication – digital fingerprint is used to identify duplicate files and only store one instance, reducing the total amount of storage that needs to be purchased
- Reclaim capacity on primary storage – less primary storage has to be purchased now and in the future